1. What are you currently reading? Tell us a bit about it!
The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty, which I was super excited about because I loved her book What Alice Forgot. Unfortunately, it’s taken me awhile to get into it but it’s getting good a few chapters in…
2. What are your five most recent book purchases?
I NEVER buy books but I recently made an exception… I am going to YALLFest in November so I bought seven books to get signed by my favorite authors… The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan, Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Matched by Ally Condie, Allegiant by Veronica Roth, and Champion by Marie Lu.
3. Have you ever named/nicknamed anything (person, pet, or thing) after a character? Who and why?
No… But I almost named my cats Arya and Tyrion.
4. If you could live in one book, all of its characters and in the town, which would it be?
I think I’m gonna go with the book I finished most recently… A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (I love those Moriarty sisters). Of course I would be living in the Kingdom of Cello!
5. Can you think of a book you read that taught you something concrete that you’ve never forgotten? Tell us about it.
Well, I’m gonna have to go with non-fiction for this one. I loved Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer and learned a lot about the subject that I would have never known otherwise.