1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.
I just finished If I Stay by Gayle Forman. It was totally not what I was expecting… It’s about a teenage girl who gets in a car accident and then she has an out of body experience and has to decide whether to live or die. It was interesting… 3 out of 5 stars.
2. Summer is just ahead and my fave thing to fantasize about is laying in a hammock with a good book. What are your top three fave “summer” reads?
I don’t classify reads by reasons but I guess if you mean “light” reading then my favorites would be Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling and two of Chelsea Handler’s books (Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, and/or Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea).
3. What are your top three summer “to reads”?
I am getting And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini and am so excited about that! And going to his book talk/signing on June 14th! Also excited to read Silver Linings Playbook next month; loved the movie. And I still need to read the last Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Ever After.
4. What book do you wish they’d make a movie of?
All of my favorites that aren’t movies yet! If I had to pick a top three: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus, and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
5. Has your favorite author published a book lately or going to publish a book soon? Tell us about it.
See above (And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini). Also I am looking forward to Curtis Sittenfeld’s upcoming book Sisterland.