1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. It’s really good and interesting so far. I don’t like to give any spoilers, so just check it out for yourself! Also I just read The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate for my children’s literature class. So sweet! I cried.
2. Amazon or brick and mortar?
Neither: the library!
3. Locally owned bookshop or big name chain store?
4. Bookmark or dog-ear?
I’m a bad reader… I dog-ear even though I have tons of cute bookmarks.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Organize by book type: textbook, travel book, novel, etc.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
Keep if it’s a travel book that will be useful in the future or some other non-fiction/reference book. Otherwise give away or sell. I don’t buy many books though.
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
8. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I read library books 99% of the time so I have to leave it on!
9. Short story or novel?
10. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Chapter breaks unless I’m really tired.
12. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Neither… Those both sound like boring books! 😉
13. Buy or borrow?
Borrow! All the way.
14. New or used?
From the library.
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation, or browse?
Reviews and recommendations.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
17. Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading?
18. Single volume or series?
19. Favorite series?
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.
20. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus.