Top 10 “New To Me” Authors I Read in 2012
(Most of the authors I read in 2012 were new to me, with the exception of Jodi Picoult, Charles Frazier, and Charlaine Harris!)
1. Sherman Alexie… The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian became my all-time favorite book. I also read Indian Killer.
2. George R. R. Martin… I read and loved the first two books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
3. Ally Condie… I loved the Matched trilogy.
4. Veronica Roth… I loved Divergent and can’t wait to finally read Insurgent (I’m now #4 on the holds list at the library!).
5. Jo Nesbø… The Snowman was such a great book and I can’t wait to read more of his.
6. Emma Donoghue… Room was such an amazing book.
7. Susan Beth Pfeffer… I loved Life As We Knew It. The Dead and the Gone was just OK so I’m hoping This World We Live In will make up for it.
8. Erin Morgenstern, author of The Night Circus.
9. Liane Moriarty, author of What Alice Forgot.
10. Markus Zusak, author of The Book Thief.